The church was built in the mid 14th century (approx. 1350). The monument was probably a funerary monument as under the church’s floor and its surrounding area graves were found. In the internal area of the church, at its apse, frescoes from the 14th century are still visible. During the Ottoman period the Church was not transformed to a mosque probably because of its small size. During the big earthquake of 1978 the Church of Christ Saviour suffered great damages and radical maintenance and renovation works were held to maintain it to its current status.
Address: Paleon Patron Germanou 41-43, Thessaloníki 546 22, Greece