The Greek Ministry of Culture every year for one day in August organizes a series of events, in monuments and archaeological sites in Greece, with free entrance for the public. Guests can thus be found in archaeological sites, monuments, museums of Greece bathed in the glow of the August full moon. As part of this initiative the Ministry of Culture additionally attends musical and theatrical performances, exhibitions, guided tours and film screenings etc. related to cultural issues.
The August Full Moon events in Thessaloniki will take place on August 29 at various locations:
– Eptapyrgio: 2 day – August 29: tango, swing concerts, 30 August: Greek music (Starts: 20:00)
– Archaeological Museum: 1 day – August 29: Concert with Lizeta Kalimeri (Starts: 21:00)
– Byzantine Museum: 1 day – August 29: Free admission to the museum from 18: 30-21: 30 and after this the night will continue with Spanish guitar creations by John Andronoglou.
– Casa Bianca: 1 day – August 29: Music group Magnanimus Trio, will present minimalist compositions, songs and improvisation combining tropical jazz with modern and traditional elements. (Starts: 21:00)
– Folk Ethnological Museum: 1 day – August 29: Accordion music night from the project ‘serenade’. (Starts: 20:30)
If you like cultural events and you will be in Thessaloniki at the 29th of August for sure you should join one of these events.