Thessaloniki Byzantine Baths, are located at the old city of Thessaloniki (Upper Town) below the Latomou Monastery. The baths dates back to the late Byzantine times 13th – early 14th century and are the only baths that are saved from that period. The baths were operating non-stop from their first establishment until 1940 serving men and women in different days during the Byzantine times. During Ottoman times the baths were renamed to “Baths of Koule Kafe” and were split into two sections which separated the baths for men and women.
Thessaloniki’s Byzantine baths are currently being maintained and renovated in order in the future to be listed in the visited monuments of Thessaloniki that have archaeological interest.
Address: Chrisostomou 2-12, Thessaloníki 54634, Greece